It’s no longer a secret that having healthy diets plus regular exercise will boost your immune system and help you live a healthy lifestyle, but what's the best way to go about it all? In this article, I will share 5 things you need to do on a regular basis that will help strengthen your immune system so it can fight off flu-like viruses and other diseases.
1. Eat plenty of whole foods: Just like every other system in the body, your immune system needs enough fuel to function properly. It requires certain nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, and amino acids to be at its best every day and you can get all of that by eating a variety of whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans, milk, spices, dairy products, seafood, meat, poultry, legumes, and whole grains. Eating whole foods is a good way of providing your immune system with plenty of nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
2. Engage in moderate exercise regularly: Moderate exercise can help strengthen your immune system and improve blood circulation. Studies have found that people who exercise regularly are less likely to catch a cold or any flu-like viruses and it can also help boost the effectiveness of vaccines for those with compromised immune systems. What’s more, regular, moderate exercise will help your immune cells to regenerate fast. Examples of moderate exercises include jogging, brisk walking, steady bicycling, swimming, and light hiking. There are fitness accessories you can use in the gym or at home that will help you exercise your body properly. Try and aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise per day.
3. Get enough sleep: Sleep and immunity are closely tied. In fact, inadequate or poor quality sleep is linked to a higher susceptibility to sickness. Adults should aim to get 7 or more hours of sleep each night, children need 8-10 hours of sleep and infants need up to 14 hours of sound sleep. A recent study found that just one night of poor sleep can weaken your immune system. If you’re having difficulty sleeping, try to avoid looking at your phone, TV, or computer for an hour before going to bed as the blue light emitted from those devices can disrupt your circadian rhythm or your body’s natural wake-sleep cycle. Other sleep hygiene tips include sleeping in a completely dark room or using a sleep mask. If you're still finding it difficult to sleep after observing all that, take a cup of our insomnia control and bedtime tea one hour before going to bed, it will help you sleep soundly. Remember, quality is just as important as quantity when it comes to sleep!
4. Manage your stress and anxiety levels: Stress is something that we all experience in life and it can be toxic to the immune system if it's not well managed. Long-term stress promotes inflammation and destabilizes the formation of immune cells, leaving the body vulnerable to infection. Relieving stress and anxiety is key to boosting your immune health and activities that may help you manage your stress level include yoga, meditation, gentle exercise, reading interesting books, diffusing some stress-relieving essential oils, spending quality time with your loved ones, engaging in a hobby you enjoy, massaging your body with stress-relieving massage oils, and doing other mindfulness practices. You can also take green tea on a regular basis as they are high in L-theanine, an amino acid that's helpful in improving stress levels, reducing fatigue, and promoting better sleep.
5. Drink herbal teas regularly: It’s easy to turn to western drugs when it comes to strengthening your immune system. However, there are premium herbal teas that contain natural ingredients and antioxidants that can cure diseases, boost your immune system and help you live a healthy lifestyle. For example, the newly produced Lianhua Lung Clearing Tea can cleanse your lungs off flu-like viruses and rapidly boost your immune system. The FatBlaster Diet Shake contains almost all the vitamins, minerals, and fiber that your body needs and it also helps in weight loss. Lastly, the newly released Pneumonia Tea has natural ingredients that can clear your throat and prevent or cure any level of pneumonia. These herbal teas can be added to your daily diet.
The Bottom Line
As the world is currently in pandemic and no vaccines have been officially announced yet, the best you can do to fight off any diseases or sickness is to strengthen your immune system. By doing the five things mentioned above on a regular basis, your body’s defense system will be strong against harmful viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
We Believe Health Is Wealth
We care about your health and that's why we import and supply premium herbal teas and coffees that can cure various sickness, boost your immune system and help you live a healthy lifestyle. The antioxidants and vitamins found in some herbal teas are great for helping fight disease and infections, protect against oxidative stress, and lower the risk of chronic disease.
Anyone can have allergies. If you experience any discomfort with any of our herbal teas, discontinue use and consult a health expert.