6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Barley
Barley is one of the most widely consumed grains around the world. It has high level of antioxidants, rich in many nutrients and pack lots of impressive health benefits ranging from improved digestion and weight loss to lower cholesterol levels and a healthier heart.
Here are 6 evidence-based health benefits of barley:
1. Barley is packed with an ample amount of selenium, the mineral that plays an important part in male fertility and provides a healthy prostate, even helping prevent prostate cancer.
2. Barley-based diet have been shown to help boost the number of beneficial bacteria prevotella in the gut. These bacteria have been shown to help lower blood sugar levels for up to 11–14 hours.
3. Barley prompts the body to release hormones that regulate appetite by making the person feel fuller for longer. These hormones may also boost the metabolism, which can contribute to weight loss.
4. The type of insoluble fiber found in barley may prevent the formation of gallstones, helping your gallbladder function normally and reducing your risk of surgery.
5. Barley can reduce cholesterol levels by preventing its formation and increasing its excretion through the feces.
6. Regularly adding barley to your diet may reduce risk factors for heart disease, such as high blood pressure and “bad” LDL cholesterol.
Barley is most likely safe when consumed by most people and used appropriately. If you have an allergy to cereal grains, celiac disease, or sensitivity to gluten you may want to avoid any product with barley.
Barley is a very healthy grain. It’s rich in vitamins, minerals and other beneficial plant compounds.
It’s also high in fiber, which is responsible for most of its health benefits, ranging from a better digestion to reduced hunger and weight loss.
Our green barley tea is made from pure and natural barley grass, and also contains other fruits and vegetables that will boost your immune system. It's completely caffeine-free and can be taken once or twice a day.
Do you or have ever tried our green barley tea? Did you enjoy the aroma? Share with us in the comments section.